The HDC1080DMBR is a high-accuracy humidity and temperature sensor from Texas Instruments with a very low power consumption, making the device ideal for battery-powered applications. The HDC1080 also includes voltage supply monitoring and an integrated heater.
Here are the board’s main features:
- High Accuracy. Humidity measurement accuracy of up to ±2% across the range of 20°C and 60°C. The HDC1080 also provides a 14-bit temperature sensor with a measurement accuracy of typically ±0.2°C between 5°C and 60°C.
- Wide Range Supply Voltage. The sensor operates from 2.7 V and 5.5 V at VCC, dispensing the need for voltage regulation.
- Voltage Supply Monitoring. The sensor indicates when the supply voltage is less than 2.8 V, which is useful for battery-powered applications.
- Low Power Consumption. It has a very low power consumption, up to 1.3 µA, which minimizes the impact of self-heating.
- I²C Communication. The sensor communicates through the I²C protocol using 0x40 as the address.